Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tiny show, tiny horses, big fun!

Had one of our local winter tiny shows (aka excuse to get together, get out of the house, and chat and eat and look at model horses) yesterday.  Despite having to get up early on a Saturday and being on call and pending up to 2 inches of snow (heh thats nothing this winter!) I head out of the cities for a day of well mannered frivolity (mostly). Got to see Candy's china stock horse in person and now I want a cm glaze version, as well as MNs newest hobbiest at just a couple months old. We flew through the classes so we could eat! Hung out afterwards so long it was time for dinner, where to? Space Aliens of course! Came home with several of the championships (including lots of chocolate, my favorite!) and a box load of projects to work on that look like a scene from Dexter (body parts, minus the blood :) ) I'll spare you the clinky carnage for now, I have already glued several of the legs back on already anyway.

I did manage to finish 3 minis, that were in progress forever, in time for the show....







and the trip to Space Aliens was fun, great food and the kid in me had fun playing games and here are my prizes: Magnetic drawing board (for doodling at work), alien pencil and purple monkey head. He is either going to work or going to model shows as my new mascot. (yes that is my dogs nose next to it going "is that for me mommy?!?")


No comments:

Post a Comment