Saturday, February 5, 2011

Inspiration

Inspiration today was brought on by two different sources. 1. Frustration at something non model related had me feeling the need to chop up plastic ponies (this is therapy!) and 2. http://donteatthepaint.blogspot.com/ Lauras blog posts about tails and using painters tape to form the base for sculpting on. I love doing tails but have always been frustrated with waiting for that epoxy base to dry (and like Laura says "epoxy is expensive"). Not only that but if you dont glue the wire in permanently you can play with tail positions. I know some can do this in photoshop, I cant, not quickly enough anyway. So here are my choices, which one do you like best?
A.




B.




C.




or D.

D I'm thinking is too similar to the last CAM cm I did, so far I think I like A the best. I'm leaving the rear legs splayed out on this one and going with the surprised look. I turned her head just slightly, Brought in the left ear and turned the right ear to face the boogie man (or in Diva's case, the indoor arena's fire breathing dragon (aka heater) )

4 comments:

  1. I admit I like D best, but A is great too :)
    I looooove Don't Eat the Paint! It's the bestest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try this tail method too! I have to vote for B. It looks like its being wind blow from behind :)
    Sorry, new reader - Hello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I hadnt just sold one with a tail like D Id go for that, but I went with A. Updates coming soon :)

    ReplyDelete