Thursday, December 31, 2009

Mini Mania at the Bluffs

...the minis are taking over!!!



I've been in a mini mood as of late so I dug out a few oldies that have been sitting around, some awaiting repairs (those darn fragile Chaneys!) and one awaiting stripping and sanding and repainting. One of those broken pieces was an AA Andy mini. I've always loved this mold but I have had bad luck with those 2 legged stance on base AAs, as I did with this guy before even painting him! I think it was in process of glueing him to his base that did in his back leg. I also had 2 AA TWH with issues so out with the Zap a Gap and OFF with their heads bases and pegs. All 3 are now free standing and in various stages of repair.


While I had the Andy out I decided he needed more HAIR! (I love sculpting manes and tails, except for braids!) Which also serves to steady him and cover/support the repaired leg. I added a bit to the forelock as well. He looks pretty suave now, I can picture him in a lovely dappled smutty buckskin...but I havent done dapples in oils and I havent really done a buckskin in oils either!



No comments:

Post a Comment