Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sculptin fool

I tend to go in streaks, right now I'm on a hack up plastic models and resculpt necks streak. I'm finally comfortable in my skilz at moving necks and resculpting them. Not ready to do anything more extensive yet! Take this guy, the new classic WB stallion (yep theres full stallion bits under there!) His head was turned to the side and I wanted it straight and on the bit for a true dressage Piaffe. I didnt even start on this til 9:00 last night (yes I am a night owl) and by midnight or so his neck was done. I tilted it forward, straightened everything out and resculpted it all in about 3 hours. I also chopped off his ears since I want them facing backwards, that part I'm not as confident in but I can do it. What I really want to do is put that cocked back leg up higher and drop the hip, that I'm not ready for, plus he would need a peg to stand. I'm happy with him like he is, not that I will ever get to show him in performance, I have no tack that would fit! His tail is staying but oh boy I get to sculpt my fav - braids! (not) At least these are bigger than SM scale ones.

And the CQHS, SM TB and Roxy are all in primer just needing a bit more sanding here and there.
Also thanks to some great folks on blab not only do I know I can fix my airbrush easily, I can also do it a lot cheaper than I thought so YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment