Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Movin on up

to a bigger size! Lookie what I forgot I had on the basement body shelves. Liddy Leo and Henry, lb scale mules. Actually I have SIX of them, 3 of each, I had plans for them in performance but who knows if that will ever happen. Ive had them quite a while now. Well 1 of each were already prepped and after all that sculpting and sanding but not having anything to paint yet, I thought these would be a great test on going up in scale. The first few layers werent going so well, more patience is needed the larger the scale. I'm finally feeling good about them, the paint is covering well now. The blonde chestnut is coming along faster than the bay surprisingly. Holding them is more of a pain than I thought it would be, cant do it by the tail, so the lower legs havent been worked on much.





Ive wanted to paint this guy that I found in a sale ad several years ago:


Photobucket

but Ive gotten too dark on that golden brown coat so I will have to tone that down. I hope I can pull off those reverse dapples!

Both are quite shiny at the moment between their fresh paint and the drier thats a necessity now with the KY like weather we have been having since I got back :(

No comments:

Post a Comment