Friday, February 5, 2010

Now for something completely different

Felt unenthused about my recent projects so I took a break and grabbed this NL Cob out of the body box. A while back I gave him a new, short, mane and a little resculpting on the tail and primed him. Thats as far as I got! Even had him for sale for a while. Cleaning up the studio and body box I came across him and decided to go a different direction. Found some cool pix of gypsy type cobs and got to sculpting him some hair and more hair! I have a solid, dappled, color in mind. I dont know if that will be the final choice as I havent succesfully done dapples in oils yet, but the bigger scale should make it more doable.

all new mane and tail, feathering (not done yet, will be fuller and higher on the back of the leg when I'm done), resculpted almost his entire face, added fuzzies under his belly and face, and inside the ears.

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Awww, he's going to be so cute! I really like the North Light cob anyway, and your resculpting is very nice. I'm looking forward to more in-progress pictures.

    ReplyDelete