Sunday, September 2, 2012

a new color!?!?

Saw some ref pix of silver buckskin and I had to try it! Its not too far away from the dunalino color so I figured I could pull it off. It started looking like a real nice smutty palomino or dunalino again but once I added the silvery areas it was back on track. When I searched around for more ref pix I found theres a bit of a range in color so I kept going with it and I love how hes turning out. This paloose cm happened to be up next for painting so thats who I experimented on :)



or maybe hes better as a smutty pally, either way Im happy with him.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love how soft the coloring is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks all, Light colors are usually harder for me too, especially with dapples. Somehow I got it with this one, hope I can do it again!

    ReplyDelete